mimik technology incorporated
last modified: December 11, 2019
table of contents
- what information does mimik collect?
- how does mimik use the collected information?
- what information does mimik share?
- information security
what information does mimik collect?
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect has all personally-identifiable attributes removed before it is stored. We classify this information as non-personal information. mimik uses this information to better understand how people use our applications and to highlight network issues to your service provider.
- Any personal information we collect is done only with explicit consent by our users. Such as when you request to download a document such as whitepapers or product information from mimik’s website or when you reach out to us for support.
mimik collects information in one of two ways:
- Information given to us by you. For example, our document download requires that you provide us with your name, email address, company name etc…
- Information we get when you use our services. For example, when and what you see with our mobile application.
Information gathered includes:
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information when you install or update our service. This information would include your hardware’s make and model, operating system version, mobile service provider’s, and unique device identifier.
- Log Information. We collect and store certain information in our secure server logs. This information may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as the number of times you used our service.
- Device event information such as notifications, amounts of consumed data, and network conditions.
- Date, time and location of your device event. Location is acquired by the use of GPS signals, and various other technologies to determine location,such as nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Application’s identifier (for example, process name and version numbers) for device events related to data consumption
- Details of the application or service crash incidents
The collection of the log information is optional and may be disabled at any time.
how does mimik use the collected information?
We use the non-personal information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect, and improve these services, and to develop new ones. We also use this non-personal information to offer you tailored content – such as informing you of a misbehaving app that you have installed. When you contact mimik, we may keep a record of your communication to help us solve any issues you might be facing in the future. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
what information does mimik share?
- We do not share any personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of mimik.
- We may use non-personal information publicly and with our partners – like service providers. For example, we may use information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect mimik and our users from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration of, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We safeguard against unauthorized access to our storage and processing facilities, and provide appropriate physical security measures.
- We restrict access to all your personal information strictly to mimik employees, and a third party online service provider.
mimik strives to comply with this Policy. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We will make every effort to address your concerns to your satisfaction.